THE ROCKPORT POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICE OFFICER ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Saturday September 19, 2020 at 9:00 AM
The Rockport Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time and reserve police officer to serve and protect the citizens and visitors of Rockport, Massachusetts. The Town of Rockport is a picturesque seaside community located 40 miles northeast of downtown Boston with a population of approximately 7,000. It is an excellent community to live and work. The Rockport Police Department consists of a dedicated group of highly trained men and women committed to protecting and serving the community.
The Rockport Police Department offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Rockport Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates must register no later than September 12th, 2020 CLICK HERE to register or call (617) 612-5210. Candidates must also meet the below minimum requirements/qualifications:
- Candidates must possess a high school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
- Candidates must obtain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license on date of appointment.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a valid Massachusetts Class A License to Carry Firearms.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Candidates must pass entrance examination with a score of 70 or above.
- In addition to passing the written examination, candidates must pass oral interviews and a written exercise.
- Candidates must have strong character and pass a thorough background investigation prior to employment. Note: No person, who has been convicted of a felony or any offense punishable under M.G.L. ch.94C (drug law violations); or has been convicted of a misdemeanor and has been confined to any jail or house of correction as punishment for said crime, M.G.L. ch.22C, §.14, will be considered for employment.
- Candidates must pass a physical fitness test, medical examination and psychological examination.
- Candidates must be a United States citizen upon appointment to the Police Academy.
- Must be able to successfully pass an MPTC or equivalent Police Academy.
- In accordance with M.G.L. ch.22C, § 10, no officer or student officer appointed or hired after January 1, 1988 shall smoke any tobacco product.
Candidates should arrive at the test site, The Rockport High School, by 8:30 AM on September 19, 2020. All candidates shall bring two #2 sharpened pencils and a government issued identification. FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE TEST SITE AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES. Candidates exhibiting signs of illness will not be permitted into the test site. Smart watches and similar devices will not be allowed at the test site. Cellular telephones are not permitted. Candidates who fail to follow examination requirements and instructions my be removed from the test site and disqualified from the process. Passing the examination does not guarantee employment, it is simply one factor that will be considered in the overall process. Candidates who arrive late will not be allowed entry and will not be issued a refund.
NO CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.